Coordinated cookie practice review by German DPAs.
- Wrong order – loading cookies/trackers prior to consent
- Wrong information – Insufficient or wrong information on user tracking on first level of the consent banner
- Wrong consent – Insufficient scope of consent. Many cookies/trackers remain active even if users deny consent on first level of banner to “All”
- No easy consent denial/revocation – Often no easy way to deny consent on first level of consent banner, or to close banner without a decision.
- Manipulation of users – dark design patterns, nudging..
The perils of letting third party trackers use your CNAME / subdomain.
by Cristiana Santos, Nataliia Bielova and Célestin Matte
includes 22 legal and technical requirements for valid cookie banners!
(e.g. see page 15)
The Spanish guidance is much more relaxed than the ones from UK, France, and Germany – adding to the somewhat different expectations across the EU member states.