Data Protection Certification Mechanisms
Study on Articles 42 and 43 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679
(Nothing new, just adding a reference here)
“Welcome to AI-Regulation.com, the website of the Chair on the Legal and Regulatory Implications of Artificial Intelligence at MIAI Grenoble Alpes!
The Chair has been chosen by an international panel of experts to form part of the Multidisciplinary Institute on Artificial Intelligence created at the Université Grenoble Alpes, following a particularly competitive selection process commissioned by the French Government.
Our members are experts in law, economics, computer and data science, all actively working in the fields of data protection, privacy, cybersecurity and AI and regularly interviewed by international media. They collaborate actively with and provide expert advice to major national, European & international institutions. The Chair is built upon the highly successful interdisciplinary network created within the Grenoble Alpes Data and Cybersecurity Institutes. Its objective is to become a valuable contributor regarding the legal and regulatory questions raised by artificial intelligence and to contribute to national and international debates on these issues.”
Evaluation criteria for “cookie walls”:
- Does the Internet user who refuses tracers have a fair alternative to access the content?
- Paid alternative: is the price reasonable?
- The determination of the reasonable rate depends on a case-by-case analysis
- Virtual wallets can help adapt to consumption patterns
- The creation of an account must pursue specific and transparent objectives for the Internet user
- Can a “cookie wall” or a “pay wall” systematically impose acceptance of all the tracers on the website?
- The user chooses paid access without consenting to cookies: in which (limited) cases can tracers still be deposited?
A threat modeling library to help you build responsible AI
PLOT4ai is a library containing 86 threats classified using the following 8 categories:
- Technique & Processes
- Identifiability & Linkability
- Ethics & Human Rights