Joint paper on the use of hash techniques in data processing activities as a safeguard for personal data
” To kick off, we are focusing on de-identification and privacy risk assessment, and welcome feedback on future topics of interest. “
Synthea is a Synthetic Patient Population Simulator. The goal is to output synthetic, realistic (but not real), patient data and associated health records in a variety of formats.
Nice offline tool to generate synthetic patient data..
NISTIR 8053 De-Identification of Personal Information (Simson L. Garfinkel)
Healthcare De-Identification Handbook:
ISO/TS 25237 describes the objectives of de-identification to include:
- secondary use of clinical data (e.g., research);
- clinical trials and post-marketing surveillance;
- pseudonymous care;
- patient identification systems;
- public health monitoring and assessment;
- confidential patient-safety reporting (e.g., adverse drug effects);
- comparative quality indicator reporting;
- peer review;
- consumer groups;
- medical device calibration or maintenance.